Transformers are dual wound for either 120, 208, 240V (+10%, -12%) or 480V, single phase, (60Hz ±3Hz). ARE-S13050 is wound for 208, 240, and 480V; ARE-S13075 is wound for 240 and 480V.
DC voltage is maintained within ±0.5 % at any load from no load to full load with +10%, -12% variation (or ANSI standard ranges) in the AC input voltage while floating the rated number of cells.
Control is accomplished with a single microprocessor-control board and can operate with or without a battery.
During normal operation, the maximum output voltage transient does not exceed 6% of the initial steady-state voltage for sudden load changes between 10% and 90% of rated output.
Recovery takes less than 300 milliseconds. Operation without a battery is stable under all conditions of line and load (within stated limits).
Turn-on under all conditions of line and load has a “soft-start” characteristic without overshoot.
For 48V models, the filtering provided produces a ripple level of less than 30mVrms with electrical noise less than 22dBrnc measured on a battery with an eight hour capacity rating of four times the rectifier current rating.
For 130V models, the filtering provided produces a ripple level of less than 100mVrms when connected to a battery with an eight hour capacity rating of four times the rectifier current rating.
The total dynamic response of the control circuitry permits all ARE-S rectifiers to operate as power supplies.
Current Limiting Circuit
The current limiting circuit is factory set at 110% of rated DC output but can be adjusted down to 50% and up to 110%.
Float & Equalize Voltages
Both the float and equalize voltages are user adjustable to accommodate different battery types. Float voltages are adjustable from 2.00-2.32 Volts per Cell (L.A.) and the Equalize voltage is adjustable to a maximum of 2.45 Volts per Cell (L.A.)
The user-adjustable temperature compensation circuit will correct float and equalize voltages up to 2.0mV per cell (L.A.) per C° [added for temperatures below 77°F (25°C) and subtracted for temperatures above 77°F (25°C)].
Ambient Operating Temperatures
All ARE-S rectifiers will operate at 110% of rated DC output, continuously in temperatures from 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C) up to an altitude of 3,000 ft (1,000 m). De-rating of 3.6°F (2°C) for every 990 ft (300 m) over 3,300 ft (1,000 m) above sea level. These units can be safely stored for up to one year at temperatures ranging from -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C).
Battery Eliminator Operation (Optional)
All ARE-S rectifiers will operate as a power supply without a battery at the following ripple levels:
• 48V models less than 30mVrms
• 130V models less than 100mVrms
• Door opens approximately 90° for easy access to interior
• The control board is mounted on the rear of the door for easy access
• The interface board is mounted behind the door for easy access
• Serviceable components are accessible and removable from the front
• Input and output connections are easily accessible
• Knockouts for cables are provided
• Cabinets can be relay rack, wall or floor mounted
• Cabinet has durable baked epoxy powder finish
• AC circuit breaker on input
• DC circuit breaker on output
• An AC power failure alarm relay provides one set of Form C contacts that operate in case of an AC failure
• AC circuit breaker, 10kAIC for 120/208/240V & 18kAIC for 480V
• DC circuit breaker, 50kAIC for 48 volt models and 10kAIC for 130 volt models
• High-input voltage shutdown
• Redundant high-output voltage shutdown
• Digital display, 2 line by 20 characters, shows voltage and current in normal operation at one percent accuracy
• Float and equalize settings are adjusted via keypad
• AC power failure alarm relay with one set of Form C contacts
• Rectifier failure alarm relay with one set of Form C contacts
• High Voltage Shutdown failure alarm with one set of Form C contacts
• Red and Green LEDs display status of charger
• Individual alarm LEDs
• Low Current (No-charge) alarm
• High DC voltage alarm
• Low DC voltage alarm
• Very Low DC voltage alarm
• Ground alarm detection alarm with cutoff switch
• Alarms have adjustable time delay, 1-300 seconds
• Manual Ground Fault Voltage Meter
• Proportional Load sharing
• Equalize timer, 0 to 255 hour
• Blocking diode
• Input lightning protection device
• Alarm board with individual Form C contacts for the Summary, GND +, GND -, LVA, HVA, LCA, HBTA, EQ, and two user defined relays
• Remote temperature probe for High battery temperature alarm
• DC output transient protection (MOVs)
• Higher interrupting AC breaker: 22kAIC & 42kAIC on 120/208/240V 25kAIC & 65kAIC on 480V
• Higher interrupting 42kAIC DC breaker on 130VDC
• Export packaging
• Drip top
• Battery eliminator
• Floor Stands