Input and Output Ratings
Standard Inputs: 208, 240, 480VAC, three phase, 60Hz, 6-Pulse, Filtered output
575, 600VAC, and other 3-Phase Input Voltages available, also 50Hz models available – consult the factory
12-Pulse models available for 60Hz and 50Hz- please consult the factory
Output Voltages: 24, 48, 125, 250 VDC
Output Currents: 25A – 500A (up to 1000A available - consult the factory)
Standard Control Modules
All three-phase ARR-M chargers, regardless of output voltage & current utilize the same control. This feature allows for minimum parts inventory and simplifies maintenance.
DC float voltage is maintained within ± 0.5 percent from no load to full load with input frequency variations of ±5 percent and with AC input voltage variation of +10%/-12% of the nominal input voltage.
During operation the maximum output transient does not exceed 6% of the initial steady-state voltage for sudden load changes between 10% and 90% of rated output. Recovery takes less than 300mS.
The current limiting circuit is factory set at 100% and is adjustable from 20% up to 100% of rated output.
It will hold down to short circuit.
The typical power factor is 0.88 when tested on a resistive load and batteries.
Electrical noise – Filtered Output
Nominal ripple when connected to a battery rated four times the charger output current rating:
• 24V & 48V Models – 30mV or less (32dBrnc) (15mV available with extra filtering)
• 125V Models – 100mV (30mV available with extra filtering)
• 250V Models – 200mV (150mV available with extra filtering)
The ARR-M product series can be operated on a principally resistive load with the battery disconnected for maintenance purposes.
Selection of input AC circuit breakers to suite input voltage and capacity as specified by client.
10kAIC and higher capacity rating of output DC circuit breakers available.
Also, a single pole DC fuse is provided in the positive leg of the DC output.
Surge suppression on input and output for protection of the transient voltages.
Optional lightning arrestor available for over-voltage transients caused by external lightning.
Ambient Operating Conditions
The ARR-M series chargers will operate at 110% of rated DC output, continuously in ambient temperatures of 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C) up to an altitude of 3,300 ft. (1,000m). De-rating of 3.6°F (2°C) for every 990 ft. (300m) over 3,300 ft. above sea level.
These units can be safely stored for up to one year at temperatures ranging from -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C).
The ARR-M series chargers will continue to operate in humidity levels of 0-95% (non-condensing).
45-65dBa at 3 ft. (1m) from any vertical surface of the charger.
• Enclosure – NEMA-1 (IP20), steel with hinged front panel door
• Finish – Baked powder coat; ANSI-61 Gray
• Cooling – Natural convection cooling up to 100A output current; forced air assisted cooling for units above 100A output current
• Door opens approximately 90 degrees for easy access to interior
• Control board mounted on backside of door for easy access
• Serviceable components are accessible and removable from the front
• Knockouts for cables are provided
• Cabinets are floor mounted and provide a 3 inch clearance at the bottom to facilitate handling by a lift truck or pallet truck
• Two half turn screw terminals are provided for standard door fastening
• UL/ANSI 1012 (LISTED)
• NEMA PE5 complaint
• CSA C22.2 107.1 certified and applicable IEC standard compliant
• 30 year design life
• MTBF – 300,000 hours
• MTTR – less than one hour
• Microprocessor controlled
• Digital Display: 2 line by 20 characters; simultaneous display of voltage and current with 0.5% accuracy
• High Voltage Shutdown
• Common charger fail (two sets of form-c contacts)
• Float and Equalize settings are via keypad
• Individual current limit setting for Float and Equalize
• Front Panel Indicators - Charger fail LED: Red (flashing) - AC on LED: Green
• Event Log: last 150 charger events
• Equalize Timer – 1 to 4095 Hours (one hour increments)
• Periodic Equalize – 1 to 4095 Days (one day increments)
• Consult the factory for Hi Capacity Breakers.
• Charge Modes - Float (Manual & Automatic) - Equalize (Manual & Automatic) - Anti-depressant (Ni-cad batteries) - Formation (battery restoration)
Standard Alarm Package
• Rectifier Fail
• Battery High DC Voltage
• Battery Low DC Voltage
• Charger High DC Volts
• Charger Low DC Volts
• Ground Fault (POS)
• Ground Fault (NEG)
• AC Fail
• Charger Fail (Summary)
• Rectifier Fail - triggered by low DC current (2% of rated output), AC Fail, and decaying DC voltage Alarms provide independently adjusted settings for alarm level and time delay
ADDITIONAL ALARM FEATURES
• 2nd Level Battery High DC Voltage
• 2nd Level Battery Low DC Voltage
- End of Discharge Alarm
• Rectifier High Current Alarm
• Equalize Alarm
• Charger Over-temperature Alarm