Transformers are dual wound for either 120, 208, 240 volts (+10%, -12%) or for 480 volts, single phase, (60Hz ±3Hz). ARE-M13050 is wound for 208, 240, and 480 volts.
DC voltage is maintained within ±0.5% at any load from no load to full load with +10%,-12% variation (or ANSI standard ranges) in the AC input voltage while floating rated number of cells.
Control is accomplished with a single microprocessor-control board and can operate with or without a battery.
During operation, the maximum output voltage transient does not exceed 6% of the initial steady-state voltage for sudden load changes between 10% and 90% of rated output. Recovery takes less than 300 milliseconds. Operation without a battery is stable under all conditions of line and load (within stated limits).
Turn-on under all conditions of line and load has a “soft-start” characteristic without overshoot.
For 24V and 48V models, the filtering provided produces a ripple level of less than 30mVrms with electrical noise less than 22dBrnc measured on a battery with an eight-hour capacity rating of four times the rectifier current rating.
For 130V models, the filtering provided produces a ripple level of less than 100mVrms when connected to a battery with an eight hour capacity rating of four times the rectifier current rating.
The total dynamic response of the control circuitry permits all Micro ARE-S rectifiers to operate as power supplies.
Current Limiting Circuit
The current limiting circuit is factory set at 110% of rated DC output but can be adjusted down to 80% and up to 110%.
Float & Equalize Voltages
Both the float and equalize voltages are user adjustable to accommodate different battery types. Float voltages are adjustable from 2.00-2.32 Volts per Cell and the Equalize voltage is adjustable to a maximum of 2.45
Volts per Cell. (24-volt models: 24-28VDC; 48-volt models: 48- 59VDC; 130-volt models: 120-147VDC).
The user-adjustable temperature compensation circuit will correct float and equalize voltages up to 2.0 mV per cell per C° [added for temperatures below 77°F (25°C) and subtracted for temperatures above 77°F (25°C)].
Ambient Operating Temperatures
Micro ARE-M Series rectifiers will operate at 110% of rated DC output, continuously in temperatures from 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C) up to an altitude of 3,000 ft (1,000 m). De-rating of 3.6°F (2°C) for every 990 ft (300 m) over
3,300 ft (1,000 m) above sea level. These units can be safely stored for up to one year at temperatures ranging from -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C).
Battery Eliminator Operation
Micro ARE-M rectifiers will operate as a power supply without a battery at the following ripple levels:
• 24V and 48V models less than 30mVrms
• 130V models less than 100mVrms
• Door opens approximately 90° for easy access to interior
• The control board is mounted on the rear of the door for easy access
• The interface board is mounted behind the door for easy access
• Serviceable components are accessible and removable from the front
• Input and output connections are easily accessible
• Holes with plastic covers are furnished for cables entry
• Cabinets can be relay rack, wall or floor mounted
• Cabinet has durable baked epoxy powder finish
• A shunt-trip AC circuit breaker is provided for input protection
• DC output circuit breaker
• An AC power failure alarm relay provides one set of Form C contacts that operate in case of an AC failure
• High DC voltage shutdown
• Redundant high-output voltage shutdown
• Digital display, 2 line by 20 characters, shows voltage and current in normal operation at one percent accuracy
• Float and equalize settings are adjusted via keypad
• AC power failure alarm relay with one set of form C contacts
• Rectifier failure alarm relay with one set of form C contacts
• High Voltage Shutdown failure alarm with one set of form C contacts
• Red Alarm LED and Green AC On LED display status of charger
• Individual Alarm LEDs for quick visual reference
• No-charge alarm
• Load sharing circuit
• 0 to 255 hour equalize timer
• AC fail alarm
• Manual Ground Fault Voltage Meter
• Ground fault detection alarm (positive & negative)
• High DC voltage alarm
• Low DC voltage alarm
• Alarms have adjustable time delay, 1-300 seconds
• Blocking diode
• Lightning protection device
• Ground alarm detection cutoff switch
• Remote temperature probe
• DC output protection (MOVs)
• High interrupting Current DC breaker
• High interrupting Current AC breaker
• High battery temperature alarm (requires temperature probe)
• DNP3 Communications via Ethernet
• Floor stands: 24” and 36” heights
• Export packaging
• Drip top
• SIS wiring
• Alarm board with individual form C contacts for the summary, GND +, GND -, LVA, HVA, and NCA relays